Responding to God’s Love For Us In Jesus Christ, We Strive To:
- Share in joyful worship
- Support one another in Christian Love
- Study God’s word toward Christian maturity
- Serve people compassionately in Christ’s name, and
- Spread the Good News of Christ!
History of the church:
The Presbyterian Church of Novato was incorporated on February 21, 1896. The original church sanctuary on the corner of DeLong and Sherman was dedicated later that year. In 1906 the bell, now just outside the present sanctuary, was hung in the steeple. A manse next door was built after the Rev. Christiansen was installed in 1918. These structures were purchased by the City of Novato in 1962 and the former church now serves as the City Hall.
Trevitt Hall was the first building constructed at the new Wilson Avenue site, and the first service was held there in 1963. Ground was broken for the sanctuary in 1977. One year later, the morning worship service began in Trevitt Hall. After the Call to Worship, the congregations proceeded to the new sanctuary, accompanied by the ringing of our bell brought from the original church building.
Officers of the church are our elders and deacons. Each year the congregation nominates and votes on members of the church who will serve in leadership position for a term of 3 years. As officers of the church, individuals are encouraged and invited to use their gifts in a leadership role, to help think, vision cast and run the programs we have as a church. Nominations for officers begin in the fall with an election in December.