Types of Giving



Annual Pledges or Estimates of Giving

The Presbyterian Church of Novato’s annual budget supports all of our programs and ministries.  The budget is funded by a variety of different sources, however, the vast majority comes from contributions from members and friends.  Every gift truly matters, however large or small.

Each year in the fall, members of the congregation are invited to make an estimate of giving for the coming year, indicating their level of financial commitment.  This allows the Session of the church to prepare the annual budget, based on a reasonable expectation of income for the next year.  Estimate of giving commitments are kept confidential.  EOG’s can be revised or cancelled at any time.  To make an estimate of giving,  contact the Finance office at smonahan@pcnovato.org. or 415-897-6152 x204.

Deacon's Fund

Donations to the Deacon's Fund are always welcome to support ongoing ministry of care and compassion to out Church members and community; and also support memorial services, receptions and celebratory occassions.  For more information, contact the Finance Office.

Special Offerings

The General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) has created church-wide opportunities each year called Special Offerings.  The Presbyterian Church of Novato is a “FIVE for FIVE” congregation, supporting seasonal offerings and basic mission support.  All the ministries supported by these offerings represent priorities lifted up by the denomination.

ONE GREAT HOUR OF SHARING  - Since 1949, the One Great Hour of Sharing Offering has helped people in need around the world.  The offering supports Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, Self-Development of People and the Presbyterian Hunger Program.

PENTECOST – 40 percent of the Pentecost offering is retained by the local congregation for local work with children at risk.  The remaining 60 percent is shared among ministries with youth and young adults, young adult mission volunteers and child advocacy.

GLOBAL WITNESS AND PEACEMAKING – The Peacemaking offering is distributed among local congregations (25 percent), presbyteries and synods (25 percent) the the General Assembly (50 percent) for peacemaking efforts. The offering is received on World Communion Sunday, the first Sunday in October.

CHRISTMAS JOY OFFERING – The Christmas Joy Offering has been a Presbyterian tradition for nearly 70 years.  Its proceeds benefit active and retired workers of the church in times of need and also support the work of racial ethnic Presbyterian schools and colleges.

BASIC MISSION SUPPORT – The Presbyterian Church of Novato supports 9 different International Mission teams in Europe, Central Europe, East Asia, the Caribbean, South America, Sub-Saharan Africa and the Philippines.


Bequests and Planned Giving

BEQUEST – A bequest is a gift by will or a specific dollar amount of the donor’s estate.  

PLANNED GIVING – Planned gifts have it made it possible to create endowment funds that have historically funded extraordinary projects.

IRA DONATIONS  - If you are over age 70- 1/2 and will not have itemize your tax deductions, consider giving to PCN directly from your IRA's required minimum deduction instead of taking it in cash.  This is a tax advantage only for clients over age 70-1/2. For more information, contact the Finance Office. 

If you have an interest in creating a bequest or a planned gift, please call the Stewardship/Endowment committee.


Honorary or Memorial Gifts

Memorial funds may be established by a person or family in memory of their loved one.  Donations to these funds are a wonderful way to honor them.  Our pastors and staff work with families, individuals and the Presbyterian Church of Novato’s ministries to create a meaningful and satisfying match of your gifts with the needs of the church and our congregation.

© 2020 Presbyterian Church of Novato
Connected Sound - Websites for the Barbershop Community
golden shower compilation posthentai.com